Saturday, January 22, 2011

Diagnosing Disney Addiction


As any therapist will tell you, you can only go so far in therapy until you are willing to acknowledge the problem and accept responsibility for your role in it.  Well, when it comes to Disney addiction, there’s only one primary diagnosis…neurotic Disney person.  A neurotic Disney person is one who has “a passionate (and sometimes irrational) love for the Disney brand with a particular focus on the Disney parks.”  Symptoms include, but are not limited to living a Disney Driven Life.  “This includes activities like watching Disney movies, listening to Disney music and podcasts, discussing Disney topics with family and friends on a regular basis, participating in Disney communities online and enjoying every minute of it.  But the paramount event in the life of a Disney Driven person is planning and anticipating a Disney vacation.” 

You can imagine my delight when I finally learned that there was a name for my condition!  I first learned about it while listening to Be Our Guest Podcast Episode 265, when JL Knopp, founder of TheDisneyDrivenLife.com was the guest.  As I listened to JL talking about her obsession with Disney,  her Disney driven life principles, and the “sacred seven,”  I knew I had just found a kindred spirit.  Then when I learned that I could stand up and be counted as a Neurotic Disney Mom, I knew I had to do it!
So, without further ado, I would like to announce, “Hello, my name is Mendy and I am Neurotic Disney mom #375.”  Wow, that feels great!!! 

If you would like to join me in the ranks of neurotic Disney people, visit www.thedisneydrivenlife.com and be counted.  Remember, the first step to proper treatment (not to mention fun) is to admit you have a problem, then have a great time doing something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment