Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome To My Blog!


Welcome to this blog!  I’m so glad you decided to check it out.  As you read in the title, this blog is about my therapy, otherwise known as Disney therapy!  I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and therapist, primarily working with children who are dealing with issues of abuse, neglect, depression, fear, difficult family situations, mental illness, and so on.  As you can imagine, it can be a very tough job, and I have always thought of Disney as my therapy…the thing that helps me to stay sane and to keep my focus on the joy in life.  I’ve always loved Disney, and every time I visit Walt Disney World, it renews my faith in magic, in innocence, and the pure joy within each of us. 

As a therapist, I know that one very useful therapy tool is a journal.  So this blog will serve that purpose for my Disney therapy.  I will journal about different ways Disney serves as my therapy, highlighting some of the amazing people in the Disney community, things everyone can do to bring the magic back into their lives, and just some really fun Disney related stuff!  I may also throw some true therapy stuff in there as well, especially information for parents about some of the issues children are dealing with now, in hopes that it will help you help your kids when they are facing tough times.  I hope you find something helpful, useful, or just something that makes you smile when you read it.  So, let’s get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment