The first item on the list was to begin looking at the wardrobe. Well, I definitely did that! I started making a list of both mine and Payton's Disney shirts, as well as pulling out our shorts to see if they all still fit. I also found the swim suits just in case we have time to enjoy that super cool pool area I've seen in the photos of Coronado Springs! This week, I will be going over to my mom's to compare our clothing options with what she has laid out for herself and for my nephew. Now this may sound a little over the top to some of you, but I actually tend to plan out what we will wear on each day of the trip, to coordinate with the park we are visiting but also to make sure that we all coordinate with one another. I think this comes from the photographer in me who wants our photos to actually look like we came to the park together and didn't just bump into each other in front of a Photopass Photographer! Anyway, thankfully my mom is being a really good sport about it. :)
My next item was to make some t-shirt designs for the boys. I can check that off as well! Now I may still make a few more, but I got busy on Photoshop and put together some designs with their names. What do you think?
Third, I listed a goal of ordering whatever needed to be ordered. Luckily for me, I had already made an avon order, so I'm good in that department. My main concern was having contacts for the trip. So I called Eye Mart and my contacts have been ordered and paid for. Hoping those will be in this week.
Finally, it was time to not only look at the details but get them all together. Well, a new Disney folder was purchased, just in time to find a home for our Magical Express documents, my print outs of our flight itinerary and our confirmation number for the hotel where we are staying the night before we fly to Orlando. Mom just got our vacation documents in the mail two days ago, so those will be added to my folder once I visit her and pick them up.
As you can see, I'm sticking with my checklist so far. So now it's time to add more to it!
- Get those t-shirts made! This is crucial. It's time to finalize what shirts need to be made for the boys, pick up the iron-on transfers, and get them printed and on the shirts.
- Put together the first aid kit: I always feel more secure about a trip when I know I have a little first aid kit ready if we need it. Band-aids, antibiotic ointment, Tylenol, a thermometer, Pepto tablets, etc. Most of the time, we never use any of it, but when you are traveling with kids, it's always a good idea to be prepared!
- Prepare for the pre- & post-entertainment: Although both of the boys will be super excited to be flying down and back, that excitement will only hold out for so long, and then they'll be looking for something to do. Who am I kidding? I will be too! So it's time to download some movies onto the netbook and touchpad, make sure music is up to date on the Zune, and have a new book or two for the Kindle app. I may even need to invest in headphone splitters so the boys can both watch the same movie but have their own set of headphones.
- Customize our touring plans: I love the TouringPlans.com website. I admit it. I love looking through their touring plans, which can save you so much time in the parks. But what I didn't realize until recently is that I can save one of their touring plans and then customize it to what our family wants to see and do. Now granted, I consider myself an excellent park tour guide, but it never hurts to refresh your skills and add new options to your touring plan. (Oh, and if you don't have their Lines application on your smart phone, get it NOW!)
- Picking up the little extras: It's now time to start shopping for those little extra things that help to make the vacation more enjoyable, but are generally much cheaper when brought from home. Things like plastic throw-away ponchos, glow sticks and glow necklaces for the nighttime parades and events, and fun, Disney themed snacks and breakfast foods that we can eat quickly in our room. Plus, when you pack these things, then use them on the trip, it makes more space for souvenirs on the way home!
|My new Mickey folder, Magical Express documents, & way in the back is my clothing plan for the trip!|