Sunday, December 19, 2010

"It's Kind of Fun..."


It’s kind of fun to do the impossible. – Walt Disney

What’s impossible for you?  What in your life feels like the impossible goal or dream?  Has anyone ever told you that something you want to accomplish is impossible?  I’ve been there, and I know so many people who have been there or who are there right now.  But who says anything is impossible?

Once upon a time…
A horse-less carriage was impossible.

Films with color and sound were impossible.

Putting a man in space or on the moon was impossible.

Instant access to friends and family via a world wide web was impossible.

Lifelike animatronics, four parks in one world, an international company based on a mouse…impossible. 

But it’s not.  Let me tell you my once upon a time.  I’ve never been the athletic type.  Reading books and studying hard has always been my speed.  I’ve wanted to be healthy and I’ve dreamed about being  more graceful and athletic, but for me, that was impossible.  Until this year.  I began running.  And I battled my way through it.  I felt like it would take forever before I could even run one full lap (1/4 mile) around the track.  Then one day, it happened.  One full lap.  Then two…three…four.  A full mile!  Then a mile and a half, then two.  Then the impossible happened, I ran a 5K race in the Magic Kingdom, and I will never be the same.  I came home and ran another 5K just a week later!  And I have to admit, Walt was right…”It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”


So now I’m hoping to do another 5K or two this next year, then maybe a ½ marathon.  I also want to pay off all my debt, completely and totally (another “impossible”).  I want to write a book.  I want to start an amazing, uplifting company with my mom.  I want to visit Disneyland (both California and Paris).  “For nothing is impossible with God.”  Luke 1:37

What’s impossible or seems impossible for you?  Doing anything life-changing can be a frightening process.  Fear is what makes things impossible.  Challenge yourself to be fearless, and have faith that nothing is impossible…it’s actually kinda fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment